Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 18-Month-Birthday, Cole!








Well, today our baby boy turns 18 months old. Before we know it, it will be 18 years. Jeez. Cole and I started off the day by going to the library for toddler storytime. Afterward, we went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal....(since you can now get them with apple slices instead of fries and juice or milk to drink, it takes some of the guilt away!). He enjoyed waving to all of the people at McDonald's and midway through his meal he began to rub his eyes. I wore the poor guy out! One of my friends recently told me that kids are supposed to be able to say 50 words by the time they turn 2. I started making a list, and I think he is about there already!


BTW, I know it looks like he is dressed for winter. When we got dressed this morning, it was about 60 degrees and cloudy, so we wore jeans and sweaters. Then it got warmer and warmer. When we were driving home from McDonald's I saw a sign that said 76. Not hot, but too hot for how we were dressed! We were roasting!


We are leaving for Hayward tomorrow morning. My parents reserved a condo again (same place as last year) at a golf resort. My brother Brad is flying in from California, and we are all going to spend Thursday-Sunday golfing, boating, fishing, and hanging out. Well, Ryan will only be there Saturday and Sunday, as he is a groomsman in his buddy Mark's wedding in Minneapolis on Friday night. We will miss him! Congratulations Mark and Jenn!

No comments: