Friday, August 1, 2008

Apostle Islands Cruise July 25-29


Obsession and the sunset.... Sometimes I can hardly believe we get to live near this beautiful body of water....

Dinghy!!!

Eww!!! Funny, I didn't even know about this snake until I
went to upload pics to the blog....

Throwing rocks in the lake with Grandma

Throwing more rocks with Uncle Todd ("Unca") and Steph


While doing the dishes one night we discovered that the cheese grater and dish soap make awesome bubbles!

Grandpa and Daddy took Cole in the dinghy to shore to swim and play in the sand. He got so sandy and his diaper got so soaked, they brought him back like this....


More dinghy!


Another dinghy ride. Whee!!!


Cole and Grandma


We had the most perfect weather during our cruise this year, in the 80's everyday....a nice breeze (usually enough to sail)....we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Ryan and I even slept in the cockpit one night. It rained Monday night, so we stayed down below and watched a movie, and it cleared up by midmorning. Cole had a blast throwing rocks into the lake and loved riding in the dinghy. He has grown quite fond of bugs, however, and I think he was a little traumatized watching us swat flies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...naked swimming. Now that sounds fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. I really like looking at your blog. Cole is cuuuutteee. I like rocks too. I like to hold as many in my hands as I can. Mommy says I'm a slowpoke when we go out on walks, but I don't care. Picking rocks is cool. Hope to see you soon!
Love, Celia